Monday, November 27, 2006

SSUR Explosion!!!



SSUR just let out pictures of their new Fall/Winter line and it came along with some crazy New Era caps. The one you see above is, by far, the most tame piece in the new line. The hat features a design that may or may not be embroidered (its hard to tell...) of the Coney Island landmark Wonder Wheel.



I would like to think that this one is a commentary on the overusage of camo in streetwear, but I don't know for sure if that is the case. The hat features different camo prints on each panel of the hat. I believe the written embroidery on the front says "War of the Worlds". The most interesting part of this hat, I believe, is the camo pattern that is on the bill of the hat. New Era came out with a hat that had a camo print on the bill earlier in the year that had this horrible felt material that was creating the camo look. I really hope that isn't the case with this hat...



This is one of those hats that I can respect for it's design aspect, but dont particularly dig all that much. The hat features a woodgrain looking pattern on the hat, but the real (huh?) factor on this hat is the embroidered boat on the front of the hat. The embroidery is gold and has some serious detailing with, not only the boat being embroidered, but the waves as well. This hat just makes me feel like some dudes are really trying to think outside the box, and that's great...I just don't know if I'd wear it.



Now this is the hat that made me go WTF?! and WHOA!!! at the same time. I am not 100% sure what's going on here. This hat features a print that reminds me of a seat cover my great grandma had in 1979...This is insane! The worst part is, is I don't know if I hate it or like it. It definitely makes me WOW! at it, cause its so left field that I don't know what to think...It may be ahead of its time, or it may never have a time. Either way, once again I can definitely respect the creativity behind the hat, but man...really have no clue what to think about this one...

Leave a comment and tell us what you think.

All these hats will be dropping this coming February.

Info: High Snobiety

1 Comments:

Blogger berna-b said...

FACT: in longbeach you will nevcer see somthing like this........ how could i get something like this

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home